2014 Budget calculator
Use our Tax Calculator to help you work out how the budget measures will affect your pocket.
Please note results are approximate. Due to the complexity of the tax and PRSI rules results are based on a number of tax assumptions.
The information provided to this calculator is not used by PwC for any purpose other than to calculate an estimate of your tax liability in accordance with the information given. It is not tracked, recorded, stored, reproduced or used by PricewaterhouseCoopers for any purpose.
As the tax and PRSI rules are complex it has been necessary to make the following assumptions for the Tax Calculator.
- That you are an individual paying tax and PRSI under the PAYE system. This calculator is not suitable for persons liable to income tax, USC and PRSI as a self-employed contributor.
- For the category of married couple with two earners, for the purposes of the calculation, the figures input should be the combined income of both spouses. The calculation will assume that both incomes are split evenly. The results shown as the "net of tax position" is the combined disposable income.
- For the category of married - home carer, that the carer spouse has no income.
- For preferential loans, that interest is charged on your preferential loan.
- That there are no tax credits available against investment income (e.g. dividend withholding tax).
- Income subject to DIRT is not included.
- Widowed Lone Parent - does not include the additional credit due in the five years following bereavement.