Systems and Process Assurance
In today's business world, IT and financial reporting environments are becoming increasingly complex while even greater reliance is being placed on the information produced by these systems and processes. In addition, new regulations have put a greater emphasis on internal controls and often require independent assessments of the effectiveness of internal controls.
Attention to the design, documentation and operation of controls is critical to ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of information used for financial reporting and management decision-making.
If this is your situation:
- You need confidence in the quality of the information produced by your IT systems.
- You need assistance in documenting or testing your internal controls over financial reporting.
- You need an independent review of your control structure, including the identification of weaknesses and possible design enhancements.
- You rely on financial information from a third party and need independent assurance on that information.
- You are implementing, or have just implemented a new IT system and want a review of the associated controls.
- You are entering into a joint venture or other transaction and need due diligence on systems and controls.
- You have suffered a systems or an accounting breakdown and you need to implement a remediation programme.
How PwC can help you:
Our Systems and Process Assurance (SPA) practice provides services related to controls around the financial reporting process, including financial business process and IT management controls. We serveboth audit and non-audit clients, in providing the following services:
- Business process and controls reviews for financial and operational applications
- Database security controls reviews
- IT general controls reviews
- Infrastructure security reviews
- Third party assurance and opinion services
- Sarbanes-Oxley readiness, process improvement and sustainability services
- Compliance with other regulatory requirements (e.g. Turnbull, Basel II, King)
- Systems and process remediation services
- Pre and post-implementation systems reviews
- Project assurance services
- Data services (e.g. CAATs, data quality reviews)