Please note results are approximate. Due to the complexity of the tax and PRSI rules results are based on a number of tax assumptions.
As the tax and PRSI rules are complex it has been necessary to make the following assumptions for the Tax Calculator.
- That you are an individual paying tax and PRSI under the PAYE system. This calculator is not suitable for persons liable to income tax, USC and PRSI as a self-employed contributor.
- For the category of married couple with two earners, for the purposes of the calculation, the salary figures of the spouse should be input separately. For other sources of income and benefits-in-kind, the calculator assumes that these income sources are your own income and not jointly earned. For the category of married couple with two earners, that both spouses are in the same PRSI category.
- For preferential loans, that interest is charged on your preferential loan.
- That there are no tax credits available against investment income (e.g. dividend withholding tax).
- Income subject to DIRT is not included.
- Widowed Lone Parent - does not include the additional credit due in the five years following bereavement.
- For Local Property Tax – you have resided in the same property for both years in full.