Please note results are approximate.
Due to the complexity of the tax and PRSI rules, results are based on a number of tax assumptions as follows:
- That you are an individual paying tax and PRSI under the PAYE system. This calculator is not suitable for persons liable to income tax, USC and PRSI as a self-employed contributor
- For the status of married with two earners, for the purposes of the calculation, the salary figures of the spouse should be input separately. For other sources of income and benefits in kind, the calculator assumes that these income sources are your own income and not jointly earned. For the status of married with two earners, that both spouses are in the same PRSI category
- That there are no tax credits available against investment income, e.g. dividend withholding tax
- Income subject to DIRT is not included
- Widowed status does not include the additional credit due in the five years following bereavement. The calculator also assumes you are not in the year of bereavement, as the tax treatment in year of bereavement is dependant on your basis of assessment prior to bereavement and can vary amongst individuals
- You may be entitled to a portion of the home carer's credit where your spouse earns income in excess of €7,200. The calculator does not take account of this